Verse of the Day - English Standard Version

Home Passage Lookup Keyword Search Topical Index Available Versions Audio Bibles Additional Resources Reading Plans Devotionals Newsletters Preferences Bible Gateway Blog Store

Friday, September 23, 2011

Pharyngitis - Not Called Fun-gitis For A Reason!

I am grateful to not have strep throat. Honestly, I'm not sure if that's true but I keep saying that hoping that it will eventually feel true.
I have been sick for about a week and a half but I can only do the rest and push fluids thing for so long. Plus I had a lot of exciting things to do like do Children's Ministry, my worship service meet with a Pastor about the other ways that I can serve...and I still  tried to keep up with the housework. Yesterday I was at home actually trying to rest because I felt so bad but I had to run to the doctor when my throat hurt so bad I really couldn't stand it. The good news IS that I don't have strep throat but I still have to do days of voice-rest, rest-rest, ibuprofen, antihistamine and lots of liquids.
I'm going to miss out on a bunch more stuff this weekend  but I am determined to come back from this better than ever. What I'm really bummed out about is that I don't really enjoy my quiet time because I can't really focus enough to read or study :(
Any encouragement you have for me or wisdom I would really appreciate it!


Sorry if I sound whiny I sure don't want to sound like that! I have friends with very serious health problems right now so I definitely have a good perspective on things. It's just to blog about what's going on in my life right now.

No comments: