Verse of the Day - English Standard Version

Home Passage Lookup Keyword Search Topical Index Available Versions Audio Bibles Additional Resources Reading Plans Devotionals Newsletters Preferences Bible Gateway Blog Store

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

{TITUS 2}SDAYS : How To Make People Feel Loved


I've been a housewife for almost a year now. Most of that time I've had problems with pain to the point where I was able to just do the basic things at home if that. Now that I can manage the problems I have with my feet and my back I'm asking...
  • What more can I do for my husband and what can I do better?
  • How can I be a good friend?
  • How much time is ok to spend away from the home with activities and friends?
I'm able to write this out simply now but this has all been something I've really been struggling with. In the same way that people struggle with how they are overscheduled I'm like ok how do I go from 0? And July and August is prime allergy/migraine season for me and it totally caught me off guard so I've been struggling with some things while I've been in a fog. For some reason this year it took me a long time to figure out that it was just that and once I started actng accordingly - buh-bye fog!

Anyway I prayed about it all including something like - God there is so much going on in my head and big things going on in our lives and so much I want to do...you know my heart can you please help me out with some clarity and grace? And the answer came most notably online one day.

In a blog post by Kelly Bates - http://gilbatesfamily.com/2011/08/08/visiting-friends/ she says "this example taught us a valuable lesson about making others feel loved and appreciated" and you can see pictures of how people went out of their way to do special things for them. I thought what am I doing to make others feel loved and appreciated and how can I do that?

So I was starting to treat myself for the allergies and migraines and then just started asking myself all the time how can I make others feel loved and appreciated and that's really it. Everything else just falls into place. And you know what? I can just check in with my husband and see how he feels about how much time I might spend away from home or if I'm doing enough for him or what I can do differently.

Amen?

No comments: